Skip to main content

Crashing waves

I’ve been hankering, I’ve been lacking 

I’ve been trying to mask needing you 

With every puff, every sip, every body

I’ve been trying not to carry the weight of the world

It only awakened me to deeper truths 

Seeing it all and never doing anything 

Endeavoring to shed light, trying constantly.

We knew the world, we understood it.

I wanted to build a fortress for us

I wanted to build my life around you.

But that obstacle tore us apart 

I fell in your absence

I fell into the universe and lost myself in spirituality

The more I tried to run away from my destiny 

The more I tried to fight being in the present 

It only awakened me to deeper truths

My higher self, my soul spoke to me.

It revealed many but one, one was constant

that I need you, that I needed my anchor 

I’ve been through so much pain 

With life turbulences and storms 

These growing pains, these aches 

They made me fight my true nature 

Not to deny any aspects of me 

But I love living in balance

I love it when my ocean is calm 

My ocean has been experiencing tumultuous tides

Colliding waves, I’ve been fighting for peace 

Trying not to claim any innocent souls 

Concealing my pain, trying to keep my ocean steady 

Trying not to swallow ships

Trying not to have my heart stranded ashore 

Trying to break from my discordant household

Trying not to see the evil that has fractured family

It only awakened me to deeper truths

The more I try to run from my destiny 

The more I try to run from the present

It revealed many but one, one was constant

that I need you, that I needed my anchor 

I need to be cradled, I need your gaze 

I need you to be my anchor again 

I over looked your pain because i…

I was consumed by my own 

You were wrong 

But I needed to see life through your lens 

The lens of your eyes too 

My heartache hindered me from accepting truth

The complexities of life, how fear drove you

How your pain shaped your vision 

And how it shaped mine, I was conflicted

My heartache hindered me from accepting truth

The fear of rejection was what drove you.

I was shrouded in unknowing 

This facet of humanity… 

A simple truth, love should have mattered 

I was still a student of life’s lessons.

I miss you and I’ve been trying to fill this void

This part of me you awakened 

I miss you and I’m sober now.

Got nothing to hide behind anymore 

I feel like nobody is ever 

Ever going to understand me, 

but I know you could, you would, 

especially now.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for reason

 Keep the illusion up, let them see purpose. I know you're just there existing. As long as you're breathing, keep that heart beating It don't matter if the muscles on your face won't stretch right It don't matter that your smile is not the same anymore Keep at it, don't give up. Struggle a bit longer You're not dead yet. They see you breathing. They can feel your heart beat. Cold as it is. They can feel your heat, you're not dead. Keep at it just a little bit longer Maybe there's a silver lining just around the corner In this round existence, there's a silver lining just around the corner. Even if you're just surving now, that's all that matters. They are all that matter so live. Live for them, if not for yourself. Love for them, if not for yourself. Do it all for them Maybe you'll find your own in the midst of it all.

No rush

 Walk a little slower, there's no rush. You ain't got anywhere to be, slow down. You know there isn't anyone waiting on you, You'll be dancing by yourself anyway, like always. But atleast you won't have to pretend anymore, You can finally let go and lose yourself. The four hours of sleep you'll get are enough to collect the pieces. Just enough to keep a smile on your face. The dark circles are almost invisible when you smile, Who cares if it won't reach your eyes, no one really notices anyway. So take the long way home, keep reality at bay. Just a little longer, fool the world a little longer, Lose yourself in the lie just a bit longer. No harm done. Walk a little slower, there's no rush. You ain't got nowhere to be, you might as well get lost.

Truth Is

Truth is you're always on my mind. I haven't gotten over you, not even close. I still stretch out my arm reaching for you at night. I wake up with the taste of your name on my lips. At the most random times I feel the ghost of your touch on my hips. I smile and turn my head, but you aren't there anymore, You're just a memory, a dream turned into a nightmare A neverending nightmare filled with laughter and joy. You haunt me with your absence and taunt me with your presence. So close, yet ever so far out of reach. My reach. Seeing you happy tears me apart and brings me joy, It's all I ever wanted for you, but with me. Only with me. I still wonder where it all came apart, when did I lose you? I don't remember looking at you and not drowning in love, I thought you'd always be there to keep me afloat and weather this sea of love. But now you're no longer mine, you're the wind to his sails. You glide through these torturous waters and I dro